Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: [Fwd: A friend needs help]

[International Aerobatic Club] [Articles etc] [Communications] [Contest and Patch Information] [Aviation Organizations] [Other Aerobatics Info] [Aerobatics Images] [Other Aerobatics Links] [Other Aviation Info (including weather)] [Search ACRO Website]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: [Fwd: A friend needs help]

From: Phil Sisson <sisson at mcleodusa.net>

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 02:14:04 UTC

Message:

the address to Mr Honor Bounced from my end...

Phil sisson

      Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:01:34 -0700
      From: Budd Davisson <buddairbum at home.com>

> [...]
> Airways made the mistake of explaining (in conversational tones,
> according to witnesses) to a supervisor who challenged him at a
> security check point in Philadelphia that it was silly to hand search
> airline pilots, once they were proven to be who they claimed to be.
>
> His point was that the airline pilots already had control of the
> airplane and whether they were carrying tweezers or not was a moot
> point.
>
> This was a true and obvious statement, but the young security person
> decided it was a threat and Woody was lead away in handcuffs.
>
> The FBI has yet to file charges, although they have three years in
> which to do so.
>
> At this point Woody is suspended and expected to be fired by U. S.
> Airways, as they try to run from possible public response to one of
> their pilots being pictured on the news in handcuffs.
>
> "Unintended consequences" is the phrase that best suits this
> situation. Yes, increased security measure are important. No, they
> should not be allowed to get out of hand.
>
> The best thing we can do for Woody is to let U.S. Airways know that we
> think they've let the pendulum swing too far the wrong direction.
> Menear is well known within aviation as a pilot and an aircraft
> builder and restorer. He is also the kind of person you want in the
> cockpit when the chips are down. We can't let him suffer because of a
> security person who is having a bad day.
>
> Send something to the effect of:
>
> "I feel U. S. Airways should let the facts of the Captain Elwood
> Menear situation speak for themselves and let Captain Menear continue
> flying for the airline, which is in the best interest of both U.S.
> Airways and the flying public."
>
> The important names and e-mail addresses are listed below.
>
> I apologize to those who received this inadvertently, but I had no way
> of trimming my address book down.
>

> Budd Davisson
>
> If you find this as important as I do, please forward it to everyone
> on your mailing list.
>

> Mailing address:
> JOHN C. HONOR, VP HUMAN RESOURCES
> US AIRWAYS CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
> 2345 CRYSTAL DRIVE
> ARLINGTON VA 22227
> 703-872-7000 (PHONE)
> John_Honor at usairways.com
>

> CHAIRMAN AND CEO
> STEPHEN WOLF
> PH ? 703-872-7096  (SECRETARY)
> FAX ? 703-872-5252
> E-MAIL:  Stephen_Wolf at usairways.com
>
> DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS
> DAVID CASTELVETER
> FAX ? 703-872-5134
> E-MAIL:  David_Castelveter at usairways.com
>

> CAPTAIN DON MATTHEWS
> REGIONAL DIRECTOR FLYING-PHL
> US AIRWAYS INC
> PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
> PHILADELPHIA PA 19153
> FAX ? 610-362-7909
> Don_Matthews at usairways.com
>
> FAXED LETTERS ARE PREFERRED, HOWEVER, EITHER IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Attachement 1: part2.html

If you have aerobatics related information that you would like to make available, please contact me at the email address below.

Last Update: Fri May 4 13:13:03 2012

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired Email Guenther Eichhorn