ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] Electronic Ignition

From: "acropilot" <acropilot at email.msn.com>

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:55:16 UTC

Message:

I have an electronic ignition on my Pitts to replace 1 mag.  I did not do it to increase HP but to get rid of a Dual Mag which is a dual mag on a single drive.  However, I did see a 25rpm increase at full throttle with the electronic ignition.  The electronic system that I have is from Jeff Rose and it works fine for my purpose but I would not install one in an Acro plane just for power increase.  I also would not recommend installation in an aircraft without an electric system.

If I wanted a HP gain my first step would be to take my cylinders off and send them to Lycon.

Darwin Jones
acropilot at msn.com