ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] CoTA 2000

Message: Re: [IAC] CoTA 2000

From: Kathron at aol.com

Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 16:04:08 UTC

Message:

  In a message dated 3/31/00 4:45:17 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
Aerobatika at AOL.COM writes:

<< Got a question... Now that CoTA (Contest of THE Arizonans) is almost done,
 what did it do to enhance the state of competative aerobatics in North
 America. The fact that most of us northern folks are just now unbundling our
 aircraft from their winter sleep and the IAC championships are already in
the
 books....leaves me with nothing to shoot for the whole rest of the year that
 relates to IAC the National organization. >>

Speaking as one very tired CoTA volunteer, I think this contest definitely
has done quite a bit to "enhance the state of competitive aerobatics in North
America."

For the competitors, it
1. gave them a chance to compete against more pilots;
2. gave them a chance to compete at a national contest where they ordinarily
would not have been able to attend because it was closer.

For the host chapter, it
1. gave us the ability to build up our treasury significantly;
2. gave us the opportunity to show off our weather and facilities;
3. helped us to learn, learn, learn.

For everyone involved, it gave us the opportunity to meet IAC Officers &
Board members that we normally only speak w/ on the telephone or by e-mail.

So, for all of you who are upset that the contest wasn't held at Fond du Lac
or at least in the East or Midwest, I can only recommend that you encourage
your chapter to bid for it next year. We had fun, & the work was worth it.
Moving it around eliminates weather as a factor when deciding if you can
attend.

For all who did attend, thank you VERY much for coming. We all hope you had a
good time.

Sincerely,
Kathy Straub
Phx Aerobatic Club