ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] CoTA 2000

Message: Re: [IAC] CoTA 2000

From: "Harley Carnes" <harley at ccimedia.com>

Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 21:23:26 UTC

Message:

  Kathy,
    We Northeasterners aren't upset that it happened in Arizona.  Heck,
Arizona's a great state.  Warm just about all the time.  We just hope you
can recognize that for most of us, the timing is entirely untenable, since
by definition most championships happen at the end of a sporting season, not
the beginning.  There are a few worthy examples.  AL, NL, NBA, NHL, NCAA,
High School, Grade School, Kindergarten.
    We're all really pleased that y'all had a great time, and that the local
chapter built up its treasury and all that.  We wish the same for every
chapter that holds a contest.  It's just that any contest held at the
beginning of a sporting season that calls itself a Championship just kinda
sounds wierd, that's all.
    Congratulations on having a great contest.

Harley Carnes
IAC#22895