ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] Mag

Message: Re: [IAC] Mag

From: DSowder at aol.com

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:46:21 UTC

Message:

  In a message dated 4/19/00 1:22:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
duckwater at presidency.com writes:

<< Where in the hell are my Sport Aerobatic Magazines? >> Blah, blah, blah,
and furthermore: << My Boy's Life magazine comes every month religiously. >>

Boy's Life! Boy's Life!!?? My Boy's Life subscription is even more delinquent
than SA... I haven't seen a BL in at least 35 years, maybe 40. By now, surely
if I sold enough boxes of greeting cards, Christmas cards, or whatever, I
could "win" a real Pitts instead of the Daisy BB gun or the Cox fly-apart
PT-19 U-Control trainer I always dreamed about. Arrrrrgh, Duck...don't take
me back like this! Rod Serling...Science Fiction Theater...CAP Logo on silver
7AC Champ....dirt field, first airplane ride in back seat of Champ with my
little brother (also in back seat of same Champ at same time)...Dad's new '59
Caddy with taillights that looked just like water-pump-up Superman
rockets...Mom's old black Kaiser with visor...NO!  NO! Quick, dear, some
Tequila before I'm lost in the '50's!

Doug Sowder
These must be the good old days....