ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] Enough!

Message: Re: [IAC] Enough!

From: WingmanVertigo at aol.com

Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 01:21:31 UTC

Message:

  In a message dated 5/4/00 8:32:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ericrood at gcfn.org
writes:

> Michael,
>   While your defense of Karen is admirable, from your posting I get the
>  impression that Karen is not ready to return to work. I'm not a
>  psychologist, nor have I experienced the sadness of a miscarriage. With
>  any loss there must be time to grieve. Maybe that's what Karen needs, some
>  private time to adjust to her loss and re-establish her life.
>   All I'm trying to to say is, perhaps the pressure of trying to catch up on
>  the work she was behind on and deal with her loss was more than she could
>  handle at the time.
>
>  Eric Rood
>  ericrood at gcfn.org

I agree Eric. I think there is much to be read between the lines of the
story. For what little I have to offer this group, this is my $.02.

The plain and simple truth about life is that $h*t happens. Situations
develop and sometimes it is impossible to see the chain of events that lead
to the overall outcome. IAC and EAA is based around politics, as is any
organization. I'm not saying what was done was right or wrong, just that
sometimes we need to let life take its course.

Is it OUR duty as IAC members to stand up for what we believe is right...To
make our morals and ethics stand out and fight for what we believe in.
HOWEVER, we must realize that we will never hear the entire truth. There is
Karen's story, IAC president's story, then there is the truth...

As with all good things, they must come to and end at one time or another. I
am sure Karen would be happy to know that she has a lot of supporters. But I
think it is best (in my humble opinion), to let things take their course. If
IAC does not find an editor as good as Karen was, then that is the time to
make our voices and views known.

Although there is much to be read between the lines, I think it is best that
we don't even try. The letters between the lines are in a different language,
and if we try to read them, we may mis-interpret them and cause even more
grief.

For now, I think the politics have gotten deep enough, and perhaps it is time
to let the issue rest.

My humble opinion only,

Jordan "River" Wirsz
Xtreme Aviation