ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] FW: ACTION: Update on Recent Virus

From: "Jansen, Jan R" <JJ129686 at exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>

Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 17:57:55 UTC

Message:

  In addition to deleting the offending e-mail message, it's also a good idea
to go into your Deleted Items folder, if you're using MS Outlook for mail,
and also delete the message from there, too, to make sure it is completely
deleted and can't be opened by accident.

Also, it's a good idea NOT to have your View set to Messages with
AutoPreview in Outlook; apparently, even previewing the virus message is
enough to trigger it. To change this in MS Outlook, click on View, then
Current View, and then choose Messages or something else other than Messages
with AutoPreview.

JJ
Jan Jansen
NCR Corp.
TSG Professional Services e-Business Information Products
Phone: 937-445-3864
VP: 622-3864