ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] New England Aerobatic Championships (Ora ...

From: Steve Pennypacker <stevep at javanet.com>

Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:14:56 UTC

Message:

  Hi folks,

Nobody told me what a roller coaster ride this would be.  I actually
*liked* coasters before this...

It looked for a while like we might actually pull the contest off on the
same weekend (July 6-9) at a different location (Springfield, VT) and
minimize the disruption to peoples' schedules.  Yet when it came time to
make a decision we simply didn't yet have all the commitments we needed to
be assured we could have the contest.  Rather than roll the dice or keep
people guessing until the last minute, we're going to aim for weekend later
in the summer and do it right.  We've got 2 or 3 dates under consideration
at this point.

I understand how disruptive this has been to everyone (my wife reminds me
every day!), and we're working hard to give you all as much notice as
possible for the rescheduled contest, as well as making the ultimate date
as convenient for people as possible.

The guys I spoke with in Vermont have been as enthusiastic, helpful, and
enjoyable to work with as I could ever hope for.  Truly, if anyone could
have gotten it done, they could have.  Thanks to the chapter 52 guys for
getting the effort jumpstarted.

Back to the drawing board...

Steve