ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] New England Aerobatic Championships & b ...

From: Steve Pennypacker <spenny at bellatlantic.net>

Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 04:50:15 UTC

Message:

  Hey folks,

Chapter 35 is happy to announce the annual return of the New England
Aerobatic Championships at Orange, MA.  The box will be open for practice
beginning early on Thursday, May 16.  Intermediate thru Unlimited will
begin contest flights on May 17, with the remaining categories first
contest flights on Saturday May 18.  We'll wrap up on Sunday the 19th.

As with last year, we suggest making hotel reservations early if you can,
due to a charitable event which we will need to share the local hotels
with.  Everyone who wanted a room last year did find one, but space was
somewhat tight.  Here's the contact info for the hotels we've used in the
past.  We'll get you to and from any of these.  Note that the rate info may
be out of date.

The Colonial Bed and Breakfast, in Gardner.  They were great about
cancellations with the rainout in 2000, so probably deserve to be rewarded
(expect a 48-hour cancellation policy).  About $95 with breakfast, $90.00
without.  (978) 630-2500.  20 minutes east of the airport on Rte. 2.

The Wachusett Village Inn, in Westminster (same town as the banquet).
Though I have no experience with the quality of the hotel, they clearly
want our business.  May get discounted rates in the $100-$120 range.
  (978) 874-2000.

The Super 8 Motel in Gardner, Mass.  Their cancellation policies took a
turn for the worse a couple years back, so ask them about it if that's a
concern to you.  (978) 630-2888.  Standard room rate is $75 for 1 or 2
people.

Executive Inn	                   Orange, MA    978/544-8864
Quabbin Gateway Motel        Orange, MA    978/544-2986

I'll send out more contest info over the coming weeks.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Steve