ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] proposed rules and IAC Democracy

Message: Re: [IAC] proposed rules and IAC Democracy

From: "George Andre" <frebrd at worldnet.att.net>

Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 02:59:44 UTC

Message:

  Don- I seem to remember in the dim recesses of my memory that this issue was
debated, maybe 10 years ago, and one of the reasons that directors at large
rather than regional representatives were selected was that perhaps some
regions did not have anyone qualified (or well connected enough) to sit in
the director's chair, meanwhile some other blessed regions were overloaded
with "so called" qualified people.
I think it was wrong then and still do.
And your perceptions are right on target in my humble opinion.
regards, George Andre, IAC 5059