ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] WANTED: Wooden Prop

Message: Re: [IAC] WANTED: Wooden Prop

From: Akrosmith at aol.com

Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:14:51 UTC

Message:

  I purchased a wood experimental prop from Sensenich . I was using a metal
prop prior  "76X58" and have noticed about a 5% loss in performance at high
RPM's, but my plane weights 19lbs less and has improved dramatically in the
gyroscopics. Much less torqing and much easier on the crankshaft.

Note:  I had to go to a "76X60" to get close to the same speed and
performance as my old metal prop. I would even consider trying a "76X61"

Prop was around $850.00 new.

Sensenich Wood Propellers
2008 Wood Court
Plant City, FL.  33567