ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC] Pitts 2AE

Message: Re: [IAC] Pitts 2AE

From: Acrohead at aol.com

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 05:15:17 UTC

Message:

  In a message dated 10/17/00 9:34:44 PM !!!First Boot!!!, chuckd at ohiomed.com
writes:

> iac at gatekeeper.handmadesw.com

  The "E" typically means it was an Expermental  (IE homebuilt).
  For example,  the S1S is factory built,  the S1E is the homebuilt version,
from factory kits.
 Pitts sold the S1S,  S1T,  and I think the S2A's as kits so there are a
number of  them around.
 Most have factory fuselage, empenage, etc.   You have to build up the ribs
from the factory kits
 to meet the 51% rule.  The factory provides the spars, and all other parts.
 Lots of  "S1S's" you see are really S1E's.  Most owners just call them S1S
to avoid confusion.
 I have seen several S2E's for sale in trade a plane.

 It could also mean that it was a factory S2A but was converted to
Expermental due to some mods.
 A number of  acro planes around that have had various mods and were
re-licenced as experimental.
 These would not be "homebuilt" but maybe exibition category.

 You have to talk to the seller or builder to find out what it really means.

Herman