ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: team selection - IAC/USAF

From: "Miki Golan" <mg at mivzak.com>

Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 19:48:48 UTC

Message:

As always, the list/IAC members treat the list as "US only"...
As practically the only aerobatic pilot in Israel, I got used to this.
After all, more than 50% of the aerobatics pilots live in the US.

But, when it comes to "National (US) team selection by a committee" I
got to have my own saying here:

This is insane!

If the US IAC wants American pilots competing in the World's under
another country's name, then using a comittee would be the best
way to achive this ...

In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll help to "arrange" for a US local
competition to choose the US-pilots "Israel" aerobatics team to
circumvent such a committee. Hopefully such "unoffical US team" in
Isralli disguise would perform better than the "official US team"
making a mockery of the US IAC choice.

Don't do it.
 --Michael