ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Tires for Pitts S-1

From: Allan Krosner <t28driver at nccn.net>

Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 04:27:44 UTC

Message:

  Paul,

I recently replaced my tires.  I was running Goodyear 6 ply tires.  Even though I
ran them at a low 15 psi, they were still wearing in the middle and not on the
sides.  The 6 ply tires are rated for 1200 lb. each, 2400 lbs. total, which is
way beyond the 1150 lb gross of my S1.  I decided to try a 4 ply tire that Desser
sells.  It is called  Zero Classic Retro.  I do not have much time on them but so
far they look good.  I have more than 4 flights and see no wear yet.  I am
running them at 25 psi, but again, do not have enough time to say if the are
wearing OK.  At the time I bought them Desser had a deal if you bought the tubes
also.

Allan Krosner
S1-S