ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Tires for Pitts S-1

From: "John" <jprince at iglou.com>

Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:00:48 UTC

Message:

    I just changed the tires on my S1S(spring gear) but not for wear, they had a few weather cracks so I thought it was necessary(Goodyears put back on). They had about 300 hours on them.  I also carry between 30-35lbs. of pressure and it works great.  If they are just a bit down
on pressure it seems to go a little back and forth on landing.
    I can't see why the tires can't last as long as any other plane, unless they get flat spotted!!
Bungees seem to have a toe in, maybe that makes a slight difference.  I know on the tech inspection forms say the tires on Suks and others might be worn smooth and as long as no cord is showing it's OK.  Hmmmmm

John Prince N3DR