ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Proposed Knowns Available

From: "Gregory Dinning" <gdinning at earthlink.net>

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 03:10:40 UTC

Message:

  The primary category, when you read the related rules change proposal, is
pretty interesting, and they deserve a lot of credit for sticking their
necks out to try it.  I think it'll need some proactive PR to draw the
oldtimey and warbird crowds in, though.

I'd say the sportsman seems about on target, and in keeping with the
guidelines I've always heard.  Like Mr. Howard says, want more, do a free.
I haven't noticed a creep down in Sportsman since  where I came in 5 years
ago.  As an occasional beginning akro instructor, I'm way more likely to
encourage less-than-fanatic novices with this sequence than last year's.
Back to the worn-out question of whether that's desired by the community or
not.

Intermediate does seem a bit light, but I'm sure they can fix that easy
enough.

Greg Dinning