ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Max pilot size - Pitts S-1S vs. DR-107

From: "Bob Scherer" <bob.scherer at home.com>

Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 02:10:38 UTC

Message:

  Having just flown my One Design this December, I can assure you the 1D
has more leg room.  Also the seat back is adjustable top & bottom
through a range of approx. 5 inches.  It is reclined and adjustable,
though not as much as a Giles or Suke. I also don't feel like the panel
is in my face.

Your legs are higher in a 1D than a Pitts.  The 1D has a higher roll
rate and better ground handling.

The Pitts is probably a little better in "bang for the buck" as the cost
is probably lower.  There are some very good T's & S's out there for
less than my cost to BUILD (3 years later).

Bob Scherer