ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Primer for Durethane.

From: DSowder at aol.com

Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 05:39:13 UTC

Message:

  Hope y'all don't mind a technical question. I'm making a small aluminum
sub-panel to mount a new intercom in my S-2B. I have some pearl-gray PPG
Durethane left from my original panel, and need to paint all 15 square inches
or so of the sub-panel to match. Problem is, I have no epoxy primer left, and
I hate to buy a quart of the stuff to do 15 square inches.

Will an ordinary primer, say zinc chromate, work for Durethane? It doesn't
need to be bulletproof, just not be lifted by the finish paint.

Thanks,

Doug Sowder
Hoping someone else learned the hard way....