ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Primer for Durethane.

From: wlansingav <wlansingav at sanmarcos.net>

Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 15:34:15 UTC

Message:

  Doug,
	I would not suggest using spray can zinc chromate under Durethane the
solvents in the paint will probably lift it. I would suggest using PPG
DP__LF (insert different numbers for different colors, 40, 50, ect.) epoxy
primer. PPG also has a polyurethane primer DPU174 (I think that is the
number) but it can be rather temperamental and would not suggest using it.
If cost is a factor PPG make a lesser line of products called OMNI. This
product line has an epoxy primer that is basically the same as the PPG DP
epoxy primer. You will also want to make sure the hardener for you paint is
still good. If it has been sitting for a year or to it is most likely not.
Hope this helps.
							Walter Lansing