ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Acro avionics question

From: Acrohead at aol.com

Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 06:10:48 UTC

Message:

  I am looking to purchase a comm radio and transponder for a 24volt system for
use in acro plane.

Any comments on the following:

King KY-196 or KY-196A  (24 volt version, similar to KY197 14 volt version).
This is the higher power (and priced radio), not the KY 96/KY 97.
Looking at a used unit ($750.00).

I also like the Apollo SL40 comm. This unit works in either 14 or 24 volt.
New price is about $1295 however.

For transponder, I like the Garmin GTX 320A ($1149).
It is all solid state and works on 14 or 28 volt.  Same size and price range
as the trusty King KT76A and Narco AT150 but has no cavity tube.

Thanks, Herman