ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Pressure carb question

From: "Erik would rather be flying" <verticalroll at attbi.com>

Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:34:42 UTC

Message:

I am having some difficulty with my pressure carb'd O-320 not stopping when
I pull the mixture. Last flight I had to shut the mags to get it to quit.

What could be causing it?  Do I need to fix this immediately?!

I have not been to the hanger yet to verify but I'm pretty sure it's a PS-5C
pressure carb (overhauled in '99).  Anyone familiar with this type?

Several have suggested I check the idle and mixture (saying it's probably
running rich).  B&S of Wichita faxed some pages on how to field reset the
idle and mixture (Larry, thanks for your super-friendly service!).  Looks
simple enough, but I'd love to hear from some that have done this before?

Please email me directly at: verticalroll at attbi.com with suggestions (or
concerns!).

Cheers,

Erik Stephansen