Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] S-2B Mounts

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] S-2B Mounts

Thread: [Acro] S-2B Mounts

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:38:55 UTC

Hi All,

I know this subject came up not long ago on the list, just need a current part number for Lord and Barry engine mounts for Pitts S-2B. The number on the existing mount is J-7401-2. Not sure if this mount still exists or if it has been superseded. Not sure whether I will get Lord or Barry yet, so if anyone has ordered a set of either lately and has the number would appreciate it very much. Also curious if there is a Lord mount for homebuilts (non-certified) made for a dynafocal mount on a 540 Lycoming. Aircraft Spruce lists some similar to the J-7402-5, but they are uncertified I assume and cost much less. I figured the same mount used for a Dynafocal 360 would fit, but wasn't sure if it is made to handle the extra stress of the 6 cylinder engine. Thanks in advance for any and all input. Not going to put the uncertified mounts in the certified S-2B of course, just curious to know for my S-1-11B project.

Thanks,
Nate Wilson
Attachement 1: part2.html

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn