ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: S-2B Mounts

From: "Ian Billing" <ibilling at arms.co.za>

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:44:45 UTC

Message:

The part number for the Barry mounts from Aviat is 60012 and they cost $32.06 (ie. $256.48 for a set of eight).
I ordered them about three weeks ago and have already installed them in my S2B.
From the research that I did on the Lord mounts, I was told that, although they work, they need to be drilled out in order to fit correctly. Aviat said that it would not be a problem and that it was okay to install the Lord's on my certified aircraft, but I rather took the ones that fit right first time and that were supplied by the factory.
Aviat themselves do not supply the Lord's but they say that that is only because they cannot get the right pricing and not because they don't believe that they are okay.

Hope it helps.

Ian Billing
ibilling at arms.co.za