ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Flop tube and other questions

From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Hans=20VanAmsterdam?= <hans_pitts at yahoo.co.uk>

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:37:09 UTC

Message:

  The flop tube in my S1S was probably installed many
years ago.
After how much time do they typically break?
Is there a way to do some useful inspection without
taking everything apart?
What is the failure mode? How much fuel in the tank
will keep the engine running despite the failed tube?
What are the bad surprises when replacing the flop
tube? (Engine can remain in place I hope)

Furthermore I am 6'6" tall, fortunately skinny as a
ghost so cockpitt width is ample. Max. headroom is
OK due to open cockpitt but legroom is really limited.
Are there any minor modifications to optimise the
legroom?

Thanks in advance,
                   Hans.