ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Flop tube and other questions

From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Hans=20VanAmsterdam?= <hans_pitts at yahoo.co.uk>

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:33:33 UTC

Message:

  Dear Paul,
Thanks a lot for your reply. It seems to me that the
lever arm of the brake cylinder is the first thing to
hit the firewall. (if hydraulic fittings are
positioned
in the optimal direction) Is that the point where you
found 1.5" clearance? So far I fly without parachute,
simply not enough room. I have a plywood seat bottom
and seat back. I have seen one S1 with an aluminum
seat bottom and think this might give an extra inch.
Did you pay attention to this detail? I am also
interested in a different seat back and hoped that
somebody would have a drawing available. I can design
something myself but it has to be correct since there
is a possibility to touch (block) the aileron command
behind the seat. It must also be removable for
inspection and battery access.
The crucial point is to get the left knee below the
throttle knob. This will greatly improve stick travel
and left aileron deflection. It is a pity to fly an
S1S with reduced left aileron.

Wishing you success in finding an S1. I find
it the most "fun" airplane in the world and
understand that I am not alone in this feeling.

Good luck,
           Hans.

 --- Klusmanp at aol.com wrote: > Hans,