Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: K.D. Johnson wants to hear from you

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: K.D. Johnson wants to hear from you

Thread: [Acro] Re: K.D. Johnson wants to hear from you

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 05:07:40 UTC

Bill:

Thought I would like to share two stories with both you and the list about KD Johnson:

During W.W.II KD ferried fighters (P 63's I think) from the factory to Canada enroute to Russia.  They refereed to themselves as the "Texaco Air Force" because of the Red Star insignia.  We at the Great Falls Airport (Montana) sponsored a reunion of the group last year, but unfortunately, KD could not be there.

When I needed a new acro mount, I called KD with my needs (good, used S2B).  He found two for me and gave me a call.  On that one call, I wrote him a check for the plane, completely sight unseen.  Why?  KD said to me: "Mike, I would fly this one, it's a good one."  He is a man of unparalleled integrity.

Please pass on my warmest regards,

Mike Hennessy
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  To: acro at gf24.de 
  Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 11:36 AM
  Subject: [Acro] K.D. Johnson wants to hear from you

Yesterday I received a great call from K.D. Johnson who just turned 80.  K.D. has been a driving force in IAC on the west coast for years and although he suffers from Parkinson's, he's cogent and truly a pleasure to talk to about aviation in general and akro in particular.   For years he owned the Pitt Stop in Santa Paula CA and many of us have purchased airplanes from him.  Always a gentleman and an honest broker, K.D. has helped many of us find the a/c of our dreams. 

His medical problems have kept him out of the mainstream of IAC recently but he's doing well now and would love to hear from you.   

K.D. Johnson 
  35 Montsalas 
  Monterey, CA 93940 
  (831) 373-3642 

Bill Bancroft 
  N77TW at aol.com 
Attachement 1: part2.html

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn