ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Pitts,Parachutes and Padding

From: Jerry Guy <jguysr at bellsouth.net>

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:43:59 UTC

Message:

  Pitts drivers,

Been flying my S2B with a seatpack 'chute because thats what came with
the airplane when I bought it. Height seems just right but being short
of leg, I've been doubling up on the back cushions to get comfortable
full pedal deflection.

Shopping around for an appropriate back cushion, I've been told by
cushion makers that they have seat patterns but no back patterns for my
Pitts as most people use a backpack chute.

1. Are you flying with a backpack, seatpack or other chute?

2. Is there some decided advantage to the backpack chute vs seatpack?
    (other than the obvious cushion situation above)

I could purchase a backpack and relagate the seatpack to the pax if
there is an advantage, or just purchase a cushion. Ideas? Opinions?

Thanks,

Jerry