ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Pitts,Parachutes and Padding

From: Alex Belov <belov at iac52.com>

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:23:43 UTC

Message:

  I don't think there is much difference from the chute operational point of
view of backpacks vs. seatpacks.  It comes down to ease of use and proper
cockpit fit in my opinion. Backpacks are less comfortable on the back,
seatpacks are less comfortable on the butt.  If you'd rather sit
comfortably for hours - aim at a backpack and get a comfy seat.  Get the
chute that in your opinion has the best features and specs, and that will
produce the best fit in the cockpit and proper seating position, whatever
that might be with your body type.
Shorter folks, such as myself, tend to benefit more from backpacks as that
brings us closer to the stick giving us proper arm reach which is often
ignored. (Forget about the pedals for now until the last sentence.)
Once you have proper arm reach, get whatever padding is necessary to
obtain that position.
Now you can take a look at the pedals.  Aren't they also adjustable in the
S2B and can be moved back almost a 1 1/2 inches?
Alex...