ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Pitts,Parachutes and Padding

From: David Allgood <offbeat at mc.net>

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:39:23 UTC

Message:

  Jerry,
I have the opposite problem with my S1. My backpack solves the pedal reach
but my butt was to low. So for me it was a cushion or a phone book. I went
with the cushion. If you are comfortable with the seatpack and if it still
has alot of life left you may want to consider a cushion. Find what
thickness solves your reach problem and make a pattern that fits your space
requirements. Most good upholsterers can make a cushion from your pattern
and you can specify the density of the foam and covering used. Be sure your
design when installed leaves nothing to hangup on if you must, shall we say
need to get the h*$$ out in a hurry. My thought is that this piece of art
work stays with the ride. The last thought is the the covering should be
smooth enough to let you slide in and out easily. A friend who is a CFI
needs both, a seat and back cushion ( shes 5' at best ) and she had them
made to fit her needs and the cost was not bad. Hope this helps.
Dave Allgood