ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Pitts,Parachutes and Padding

From: DSowder at aol.com

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:47:42 UTC

Message:

  I use a standard S-2B seat cushion with a couple of 1/2" thick hard foam
strips under it (cushion has been smashed pretty flat by too many g-hours),
and a Wedge Softie backpack parachute. To me, this is very comfortable for
both acro and cross country. I've flown the B as much as 10.5 hours in one
day X-C, and have no complaints about comfort.

I've also used an ordinary (i.e. non-wedge) backpack, as well as a long
Softie, but I find the wedge shape of the Wedge to be very helpful. I'm 6
feet and 200 lb., and find the S-2B is my favorite place to sit.

Doug Sowder