ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Fitting in a Pitts S1

From: "Amy and Tim England" <england at visuallink.com>

Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 22:53:58 UTC

Message:

I am wanting to get into a Pitts.  I am 6'3" and have along torso.  When I sit in a S1C my knees are touching the dash and my head is forcibly against the canopy.  I have been told that you can change canopy or go open cockpit to help the height problem and you can "customize" the frame to move the dash back as well as move the rudder pedals back.  IS this structurally sound?  I feel I need to stay with the S1S just for bang for my limited buck.  Any comments or ideas?
Robert England