ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Are PC Simulators any good for prac ...

From: "Peter Ashwood-Smith"<petera at nortelnetworks.com>

Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 20:10:59 UTC

Message:

		I tried Flight Unlimited a bit last winter with dismal
results although my son and I had a great time listening to Mike Goulian's
scream when you overstress and rip the Pitts wings off. Actually it's a
pretty cool program and it even shows you a rotating box view of your
flight. Would work much better with rudder pedals a proper stick and some
kind of goggles ... oh well some tine in the not too distant future I'm sure
we'll see something like that.

		What I did find worked well was to hold a toy plane in your
hand and just fly it through the sequence... make sure you close the
curtains before doing this or the neighbors will now have proof that you are
nuts as opposed
	to just suspecting it.  When the snow gets really deep I'll even
make ZOOMING noises to add to the effect ;) at this point its best to also
close the door.

		Cheers

		Peter