ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: 1000 hour on Extra

From: "miki golan" <mg at mivzak.com>

Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:37:12 UTC

Message:

Chip,
You didn't discuss price, but I'll tell you anyhow ...

the 300L is dirt cheap in europe right now. The official price
you can see in extraviation.com which imports from Germany to UK
is just 225,000 EURO, or $195,000 USD. You need to add some avionics
and stuff, but minimal equipment esp. used, is inexpensive.

This price is official. Rumors say a better deal can be made as
the factory is realy looking for new orders. But that's rumors.
Aerosport.com no longer provide an offical price, but I'll bet
they are well aware of the current EURO/US conversion rate.

Over the past 2 years, the euro went down nearly 20% (!!!)

A 300 (not L) version has a much lower sale-value. The 1000-inspection
is an additional big expense (I'll wild-guess 20,000 USD when its done,
but this realy is a wild guess)

I'll make another wild guess: an Extra 300 with 1000 hours
AFTER the inspection (and with 1000 hours engine) should be priced
at about $110-$120,000.

I'm pretty sure this will get me flamed, but we'll see.

I should mention that I own an S2B and I'm looking at a new 300L or Su29
for a friend (or a partnership with that friend), hence the knowledge
I have, which is all theoretical - I've not flown neither the 300 nor
300L.

--Michael Golan
  Israel