ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Pitts groundloop damage?

From: "Harlan" <jmharlan at flash.net>

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:21:26 UTC

Message:

  Paul-
I would suggest checking the drag/anti-drag wires in the wings - make sure
they are not loose.  If they are loose, they may just need to be tightened,
but it is also possible that there is damage where the wires are anchored at
the corner blocks and related areas at the spar/rib intersections.

Another sign of loose drag/anti-drag wires is an airplane in which the roll
trim changes from time to time.  For example - right wing heavy, do some
snap rolls, then left wing heavy.

John