ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Pitts "H" tube?

From: Klusmanp at aol.com

Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 06:29:55 UTC

Message:

  Dear Pitts Gurus:

I've seen talk of an "H" tube on Pitts aircraft that often needs attention.
What part of the aircraft is this and what do I need to look out for as I
shop for a Pitts S-1S regarding this "H" tube?

Also what do I look out for regarding the control stick. I have seen mention
of a requirement to check for cracks and a fix for this.

Thanks again!
Paul Klusman

P.S. Thanks again for all the folks who responded to my "Pitts groundloop
damage" question. I looked at the plane in question tonight and I'll probably
not buy it. I think the plane is in good shape but not quite as good
cosmetically as I'd like.