ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Pitts "H" tube?

From: "Herman Dierks" <hdierks at ev1.net>

Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 02:33:04 UTC

Message:

  Call Aviat  (Pitts factory) and ask for a copy of the Service Bulletin's.

The H tube you refer to is SB number 14, dated 5-15-80.
Where the Horizontal Stab. attaches to the airframe at the forward edge of
the HS, it slides over and bolts to this H tube (if you want to call it
that).
 The newer tube is now a tube in a tube so you can tell the new one by the
fish mouth weld near the edge of the fuselage where the HS attaches.   The
tubing is also thicker.
 This part is not difficult to replace, but does require removal of each
half of the HS.
 New PN is 1-210-166  (replaces part 1-210-126).
 If it is a factory part, you should be able to see the PN stamped on it,
which would be seen inside the fuselage using a mirror.

The control stick is SB number 15, dated Aug 25 1984.

Regards, Herman