ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Fw: Yak : Oil Leak

From: "Doug Carter" <pitts at carter-usa.net>

Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:19:27 UTC

From: Mike Fagan
To: acro at gf24.de
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 3:42 AM
Subject: [Acro] Yak : Oil Leak

<snip>

What are acceptable rates of oil splash / spray from an MP14 engine..

<snip>

Is it using more oil than gas yet?

Kidding aside, my M14P with about 650TT, 50SMOH ejected about 1 Qt. per 45-60 minute flight.  These flights included 15-20 minutes mostly positive acro.

Cross country loss was perhaps 1 Qt. 2-3 hours.

Each post flight took about 15 minutes to wipe the oil from the underside of the Yak-52.

I didn't notice any significant volumes of leakage from any single place on the engine.