ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Hull Insurance

From: "Pete & Farrell Rouse" <rousep at intcon.net>

Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 01:54:35 UTC

Message:

  To All,

I had the same experience with AVEMCO (National Insurance).  I was insured
on a Piper Comanche, PA24-260B and my first years premium was $1800.  My
renewal with AVEMCO, since they cancelled the National Insurance program,
was $2400.  Their quote was 'At that price, we can't keep the lights on and
the doors open'.  This was in 1998.  I recently could have saved $400 by
going through AVEMCO instead of my current agent; my agent even said he
understood if I went to AVEMCO.  I elected to PAY MORE and not go to AVEMCO
because I had a feeling that they would buy in low, then crank the rates on
the second year.

My current policy is with AIG and my agent is Jon Harden at Aviation
Insurance Resources.  Jon has treated my very well and I do not shop around;
that says something about the service and satisfaction I have received.  I
don't work for Jon, nor do I have any financial interest in his agency, I am
just that pleased with my service.  As a side note, I would be paying more
with AVEMCO this year than I am currently paying.

Here is Jon's information, if anyone is interested:

Aviation Insurance Resources
P.O. Box 32
Frederick Muni A/P
Frederick, MD
21705
Toll Free: 877-247-7767
Fax: 301-682-9793
email: sales at air-pros.com

I hope this is of benefit to the group as I feel the sting of insurance.  I
think my 'Vitamin G' habit is more expensive than a crack habit.

Pete Rouse
Pitts S-2A N92PR