ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Poll: Do we need a new category be ...

From: Flyinverted at aol.com

Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 00:07:38 UTC

Message:

I feel adding another category would be difficult as it would make getting a
contest done in 2-3 days next to impossible

Another alternative might be to use separate rules and criteria for local
contests versus Nationals and the proposed regional contests.

Nationals and Regionals would utilize FAI rules including the adopted CIVA
knowns  making these contests as close to world competition as possible.

For local contests IAC would utilize their own rules and a separate known.
The IAC rules and the known for local contests could be devised to maintain
and even field between monos and biplanes. All members would be able to
compete on a level field.

This would apply to both Advanced and Unlimited categories and would serve
both goals of pleasing the membership who doesnt care about world competition
(grass roots) and US Team hopefuls that need to compete in a "World"
environment to allow them to be successful in future WAC or AWAC contests

Ed Gonzalez
Pitts S-1S, N431ED