ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Poll: Do we need a new category be ...

From: "William H. Park" <billpark at ktb.net>

Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 00:34:24 UTC

Message:

  Just to add a touch of reality to the discussion, how many pilots can
both fly at the required level to be competitive internationally and
afford both the practice/training time and the appropriate airplane as
well as having the desire to compete at the international level?  Now
secondly how many people are and would likely wish to compete in these
classes (Advanced and Unlimited) without even considering ever flying at
the international level?  This comparison might give a little something
to consider when setting up classes and rules for classes.  Are there
enough people that can fulfill all the requirements to fly
internationally to consistently tailor two of the five classes to fit
these few and how many potential competitors are being left out because
of the real or perceived favoritism being shown to those few
competitors?

Bill Park