ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] FW: RE: S-2B Voltage Regulator

From: "Doug" <dmcff at email.msn.com>

Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:59:51 UTC

Message:

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug [mailto:dmcff at email.msn.com]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 2:51 PM
To: IAC List
Subject: FW: [Acro] RE: S-2B Voltage Regulator

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug [mailto:dmcff at email.msn.com]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 1:57 PM
To: mike.torbett at honeywell.com; BONDR at aol.com; acro at gf24.de
Subject: RE: [Acro] RE: S-2B Voltage Regulator

Hey Guys- A while back I had the infamous "pulsating" amp needle and "off
line" issue on my 93 B model. After much research, I got ahold of an old
expert from Electrosystems, and he explained the problem, at least as it
manifested itself on my ship. What I ended up doing, and I sent this info to
Aviat as well, was to remove the VSF7203A regulator and via field approved
337, installed a VR200A- a very common unit. This fixed the drop off problem
and the pulsing needle. The overvolt relay OS75-14 was retained.

Hope this helps

Doug Partl
IAC Tech Committee