Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE:Pitts S1S Fuel Tank Vent

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE:Pitts S1S Fuel Tank Vent

Thread: [Acro] RE:Pitts S1S Fuel Tank Vent

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 17:13:11 UTC

Alex,
 I am always nervous about looking square in the eye of a 19 gallons.  About 5 years ago in my other Pitts(factory S1S) , on a practice I noticed a leak from a crack in about the middle rear of the tank, landed under a "smell" of fuel, and a fear of a major break, knees Shaking,  hope it does not happen again.  Thanks for your help and others on my Gordon Price tank at Farmville.  It'll Get warmer and I can take it out and "FIX" it.  That "Exploproof" or whatever has to go.
     I  had a great time at Farmville after not flying competition for over 8 years.   Just to fly Sportsman after A couple of  flights practice was a joy.  Coming in last......priceless.  Warrington or bust!!  Also, at the Farmville Contest I should have "asked" for a little more help in procedures just in case they had changed a lot so I didn't foul up the airspace...this exploder is great for Re-newcomers like me!!!!

See you,  John Prince  Pitts N3DR
HOME PAGE:   Weather.com,   of course

Attachement 1: part2.html

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn