ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] IAC rules amok?? -- just another real ...

From: Kurt Otto Haukohl <BlackEagle540 at musclebiplane.org>

Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 05:09:03 UTC

Message:

NOTE: although we will be flying the new IAC Primary category and are
strong and enthusiastic supporters of grassroots aerobatics, we feel that
your safety is paramount. Many aerobatic maneuvers may result in unintended
spins, even though a given aircraft may not be certificated for intentional
spins. So, in the interest of safety, and at the request of the Chapter 69
Board of Directors, we have applied for the following supplemental contest
rule: Any competitor who wishes to fly in the Primary category (in which a
spin is not required) must either: 1) provide evidence of prior aerobatic
(not CFI) spin training, 2) have flown before in an IAC competition flight
requiring a spin (such as Basic), or 3) be willing to fly with a safety
pilot at the 2002 CopperState contest. If you have any questions regarding
this policy, or want to inquire about arranging for a safety pilot, please
contact the CD with your details and questions as soon as possible. Thank
you for your understanding!