ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: IAC rules amok?? -- just another r ...

From: Bruns5051J at aol.com

Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 13:36:16 UTC

Message:

  This brings up another question.  A couple years ago we seemed  to be intent
on increasing spin awareness, even to the point of making documented spin
training mandatory for competitors.  Now we've taken the spin, the
cornerstone maneuver of aerobatic training, out of our entry-level sequence.
I've heard the reason to eliminate the spin is to open our contests up to
more pilots and airplanes, but this seems like we're lowering our standards
of proficiency and safety for the wrong reasons.  Perhaps the local chapters
should poll their membership to determine if the majority of pilots feel we
should put the mandatory spin back into the primary category.  Then we could
take the results of the poll to the IAC Board and ask them to reevaluate the
ruling.

Thanks,

Bill Bruns