ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: IAC rules amok?? -- just another r ...

From: DJ Molny <djmolny at yahoo.com>

Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:42:34 UTC

Message:

  Folks -

This has been a great thread, and I'm impressed by the unanimity of opinion
in such a diverse group.  I also agree whole-heartedly that if you haven't
gotten spin training you don't belong in competition aerobatics.

That said... what in the heck does any of this have to do with Primary or
Basic?

Yeah, Basic had a spin and Primary doesn't.  Who's to say that Basic
competitors had any more spin training than Primary competitors?  Just
because a figure appears in the Known doesn't mean that the pilot is any good
at it (heck, I'm living proof of that!).

So let's address the REAL question here.  What constitutes an acceptable
level of emergency aerobatic spin training?  And given the strong
pro-training bias of the respondents, why are we so shy about imposing
training requirements?

Best regards,
DJ Molny
IAC Chapter 12