ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: IAC rules amok?? -- just another re ...

From: Jim Nahom <califprint at earthlink.net>

Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:13:17 UTC

Message:

Virginia M. Jacobson wrote:

(snip)
One last word, anyone who has hung in and read what I've had to say thus
far, poor grammar and all, deserves a break. ;-)

Mr. Parks made a statement about the IAC BOD pushing things down the
memberships throats. Unless I'm mistaken I do believe this is how the
process works a) someone(s) have proposed a change that they feel they
would like to see implemented b) that proposal goes through a comment
period in which all the membership has ample opportunity to voice their
opinion before the BOD votes on it. The proposed rule changes are always
posted on the IAC web site and are open for anyone in the membership to
comment on and an email is even posted to the exploder telling the
membership that the proposed changes are available for comment.

If this isn't how the process works than I'm sure I'll be corrected very
quickly.

Virginia,

If you have been following this thread you have noticed that out of all
the response so far there has only been one (1) person that is actually
in favor of the Primary category.  Most people I know have openly
expressed there strong opposition to this rule change to there local
director and letters to IAC HQ. Unless I am living in some microcosm of
unenlightened minds, HELL YES I believe that this rule change has been
pushed down our throats.

Jim Nahom
Chapter 49