ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: IAC rules amok?? -- just another re ...

From: "Virginia M. Jacobson" <virginia at odysseypub.com>

Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 15:03:25 UTC

Message:

Like I said I'm glad to hear that people did follow the process. Most people
who bitch about something don't.

The question I would like to see an answer to is how many negative comments
were received by the other directors and were these
comments in the majority or the minority when the topic was brought up at
the BOD meeting?

I still would like to think that our BOD acted in accordance with the
majority of the feedback they received and not because they or someone on
the BOD had a personal agenda. Several of you are working very hard to shake
our faith in the integrity of our BOD. If enough evidence is presented that
this is indeed the case than perhaps something should be done about it,
otherwise I still will believe in the HONESTY and INTEGRITY of  those we
elected to the BOD.

Can any of the other regional directors comment on what kind of feedback
they had in regards to the then proposed Primary category by the time the
BOD meeting took place last fall?

Virginia Jacobson
IAC#18076
VPCh-88
National Judge

Yes, we certainly did!!   We had several directors meetings that ended up
in the late hours of the night discussing this very topic that resulted in a
written
response to the proposal.   Our response also included phone calls to both
headquarters
as well as calls to our regional director Tom Myers.  Several calls were
made to our neighboring clubs in California, (one of which Jim Nahom is a
member) and they submitted a response as well.   All of the clubs in this
area opposed the rule, which is one reason Tom Myers opposed the rule at the
BOD meeting.

Chuck Graves
IAC 69, BOD Member