ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Organization Name Change

From: "L W" <lawillson at hotmail.com>

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:58:11 UTC

Message:

  Has anyone confirmed if the name change is fact?

If it is:
How is it that an issue as big as changing the name of the organization is a
total surprise to the membership? This reminds me of the rules making
process.

Why do we need to change the name? It will definitely not boost attendance
at contests or general membership numbers. Given the current state of
membership etc., just the cost of changing all the logo's and letter head
should have been enough to shoot this idea down. In fact, we have just lost
what little name recognition we had, so in the short term this may add to
the decline in membership. The only reason I can think of is to indicate
where U.S. pilots are from at world contests; but who cares about world
contests.
Honestly, I don't care what we are called, but I think there is someone
running the show with their own agenda.

Larry Willson