ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Organization Name Change

From: "Brian Denk" <akroguy at hotmail.com>

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:52:18 UTC

Message:

>I forgot to mention.
>If you attend the Chapter 52 contest. Your trophy will say IAC on it and
>your shirt will say IAC on it. Damned if we will loose that investment!
>Like
>most chapters, our treasury is not exactly overflowing. We now have
>obsolete
>logo art work for our shirts, printed checks and bank account change etc.
>etc. etc..
>
>Thanks, can we send all our change over expenses to whomever hatched this
>hair brained idea for reimbursement?
>
>Larry Willson

Indeed!  This smacks of the work of a few, small minded individuals in power
with nothing better to do than rock the boat in already turbulent seas.
Funny how IAC...USAA...whatever...leadership can't get the damn magazine out
on time but seem to be able to launch a name change boondoggle just for the
helluvit.  And to think I get to pay for this every year.  Hmmph.

I sure like to toss my RV8 around in sportsman acro but I find myself
increasingly more annoyed with the officially sanctioned club that is
supposed to represent the best interests of those with the acro affliction.
I spent years as a member of the IMAC (radio control scale aerobatics) and
found it to be more in tune with the membership, responsive to questions,
and accountable for upper level actions.  And this is for folks who fly
"toy" airplanes.  Go figure.

Off my soap box.

Brian Denk
IAC 23918...but not for much longer