ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Organization Name Change

From: Ian Scott <ian.scott at ebrevet.nu>

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 06:44:29 UTC

Message:

[DATE], skrev [NAME] på [ADDRESS] följande:

> I just wonder what all of the other overseas non US members think of this
> sudden change. Personally I was quiet happy with the original name
>
> Happy Landings
> Mal Beard
> +61 (0) 418 624 624
> aeros at acenet.net.au

I don't really have a problem with it. I only joined the IAC to get the
magazine. It seems that the IAC is actually only the American aerobatic club
anyway. I suspect it attracts most foreigners to it because its got the
biggest market and so can afford to supply the best goodies (such as the
magazine).

All of the competitions and other events I participate in in my country of
residence are run by the Swedish Aerobatic Federation (SAFe...geddit?) and
the international competitions are run by the FAI so why should the United
States Aerobatic Association be the IAC?

Ian